The following guidelines and policies (“Publisher Policies”) describe the mobile advertising standards applicable to any mobile website publisher, mobile application publisher, or mobile application developer (“Publisher”) using the Se7en Services.
In order to use the Se7en Services, Publisher agrees to abide by these Publisher Policies. Any violation of these Publisher Policies is subject to enforcement as provided below, in Se7en’s sole discretion.
2. Prohibited Content
Publisher is prohibited from using the Se7en Services if the Publishers Properties feature or promote any of the following content categories:
- Graphic or explicit violence (IAB25-2 (Extreme Graphic/Explicit Violence));
- Adult, sexual, or obscene content (IAB25-3 (Pornography));
- Discriminating, offensive, or profane material or hate content (IAB25-4 (Profane Content), IAB25-5 (Hate Content));
- Weapons, weapon accessories, or ammunition (IAB26-1 (Illegal Content));
- Illegal drugs or drug paraphernalia (IAB26-1 (Illegal Content));
- Tobacco or tobacco accessories (IAB9-9 (Cigars));
- Spyware, malware, viruses, illegal hacking, or other materials that are intended to damage or render inoperable software or hardware (IAB26-3 (Spyware/Malware));
- P2P file sharing, torrenting, or other content violating or infringing upon any third-party intellectual property rights (IAB26-2 (Warez), IAB26-4 (Copyright Infringement));
- Counterfeit goods (IAB26-4 (Copyright Infringement));
- Illegal products, activities, or services (IAB26-1 (Illegal Content));
- Unmoderated user-generated content (IAB25-1 (Unmoderated UGC));
- Websites and other content that are under construction (IAB25-6 (Under Construction));
- Incentivized clicks, videos, or downloads (IAB25-7 (Incentivized));
- Exception: Publisher may allow rewarded video advertising, provided that the rewards offered to end-users for viewing the Ads are: (a) designated as a rewarded Ad by Publisher, (b) for the app in which the video Ad is displayed, and (c) virtual (i.e., having no monetary value). Publisher shall assume all responsibility and liability for such rewards.
- Content offering traffic generation or promoting fraudulent traffic (IAB26-1 (Illegal Content));
- Content advocating the superiority of a specific race/ethnic group, national origin, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, language, status as a veteran, or any other legally protected status (IAB23 (Religion & Spirituality), IAB25-5 (Hate Content));
- Uncategorized content (IAB24 (Uncategorized));
- Alcohol (IAB8-5 (Cocktails/Beer), IAB8-18 (Wine));
- Gambling or online casinos (if there is the ability to cash out in real currency) (IAB9-7 (Card Games));
- Lotteries (IAB3-7 (Government));
- Pharmaceutical or health products and services, including prescription medications (IAB7-5 (Alternative Medicine));
- Abuse support (IAB7-28 (Incest/Abuse Support));
- Substance abuse (IAB7-42 (Substance Abuse));
- Hunting and shooting (IAB17-18 (Hunting/Shooting));
3. Restricted Content
The Publishers Properties may be permitted, in Se7en’s sole discretion, to feature or promote the following restricted content categories, provided that Publisher has appropriate controls to ensure that such content complies with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations of the country and jurisdiction in which the content is served:
- Financial services (IAB13-1 (Beginning Investing), IAB13-2 (Credit/Debt & Loans), IAB13-4 (Financial Planning), IAB13-5 (Hedge Fund), IAB13-6 (Insurance), IAB13-7 (Investing), IAB 13-8 (Mutual Funds), IAB13-9 (Options), IAB13-10 (Retirement Planning), IAB 13-11 (Stocks));
- Political campaigning (IAB11-4 (Politics)).
4. Technical Requirements
- The combination of application and adspace name must identify the traffic source, placement of the Ad, and the requested banner size (non-cryptic).
- The application and adspace details must provide a valid URL that links to the inventory where the Ads are embedded:
- In-App: Valid app store link.
- Mobile applications must be published in official app stores, which are Google Play (Android), iTunes (iOS), Microsoft Store (Windows Phone), and BlackBerry World (BlackBerry). Any exceptions (e.g., third-party app stores, pre-installs, or regional limitations) must be submitted to and approved by the Se7en Team.
- Mobile Web: Valid website domain.
- The application type and category must match its content.
To ensure the authenticity of impressions, Ads must be:
- Visible (i.e., not hidden, out of page, stacked, or stuffed); and
- Placed reasonably and oriented correctly within the content, including an acceptable number or density of Ads in relation to the content.
Video adspaces must also abide by the additional following requirements:
- Video adspaces must be labeled correctly as one of the following types:
- Instream: Adspace located within a video player with Ads displayed before, during, or after video content.
- Outstream: Adspace located within content.
- Interstitial: Full screen adspace located between two pages of content.
- Rewarded: User receives a non-monetary reward for viewing a video Ad.
- Adspace dimensions must match the inventory type (e.g., full screen interstitial).
- Video must be clickable throughout play (except on rewarded adspaces).
5. Ad Request Strategy
- If Publisher receives a “Currently no ad available” response, the interval between new Ad requests must be at least 10 seconds.
- Publishers may only request Ads when Publisher Properties are on screen.
- For infinite scroll Publisher Properties, Publisher must insert Ads in soon-to-be visible areas only.
6. Ad Refresh
- Except for sticky Ads, Publisher must not refresh Ads prior to a change in the content of the Publisher Properties.
- Publisher may only refresh Ads that are viewable.
- Publisher must not allow background traffic (i.e., no Ad refreshes are permitted behind covering elements such as full screen videos).
7. Ad Positioning and Appearance
- Publisher must not:
- Excessively advertise, stack Ads, or place Ads next to each other;
- Place Ads:
- Above the fold for 300 x 250 or larger Ads;
- Below the footer of mobile website Publisher Properties; or
- In non-interactive areas including, but not limited to, the lock screen and out-of-app spaces;
- Place hidden or invisible Ads;
- Rescale, format, rotate, or modify Ads; or
- Place incentivized Ads, except for rewarded videos as provided in Section 2 above.